  • Subject: Re: AS/Set (?sp)
  • From: Rob Dixon <rob.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:56:27 +0100

Jon

> What I'm looking for is whether anyone out there has come upon any tools
> that can work with the AS/Set repository and generate the code in other
> forms.  Even something that could generate a field reference file etc.
> would be useful.  Using SQL throughout the new apps is also a possibility
> so any tools in that arena would also be useful.

My company has a product, ERROS, that could help you.  It could use AS/SET DDS
file definitions to import the data into our AS/400 Neural Database.  In
addition, using the AS/SET definitions, new applications could be created,
largely without any program coding or program generation. As ERROS generates
HTML
on the fly, these applications could be used instantly over the Inter/Intranet.
No physical file design is required, no logical files are used (yet any item can
be indexed 1,000,000,000 **2 ways) and the database structure can be changed
whilst the system is live.

Given the extraordinary complexity of AS/SET I cannot pretend that it would be a
trivial task but I am sure that it would take a mere fraction of the time that
would be required using any other method.

Please call or e-mail me if you would like more information

Rob Dixon

begin:vcard
n:Dixon;Rob
tel;fax:44 1844 239340
tel;work:44 1844 239339
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Erros plc
version:2.1
email;internet:rob.dixon@erros.co.uk
title:Chairman
adr;quoted-printable:;;Boarstall Tower=0D=0ABoarstall;;Bucks;HP18 9UX;United Kingdom
fn:Rob Dixon
end:vcard