  • Subject: Re: Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book
  • From: "Al Barsa, Jr." <barsa2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 17:46:09 -0400

At 01:58 PM 7/7/00 +0100, you wrote:

All,

Just for the record.  To the best of my knowledge, there are four Albert
Barsa's in the United States.  Barsa is a Syrian name which means
blond.  (If you haven't noticed, there's no one from Syria with blond hair
other than Miss Clarol.)

My father is Albert S. Barsa, and goes by Al.  I am Albert S. Barsa, Jr.
and go by Al.  My son is Albert S. Barsa, III and goes by Albert.    All
three of us live in Harrison or Rye New York, which are adjacent towns in
the southeast part of Westchester County.  My Dad works for me as my
bookkeeper and my son is going into eighth grade.  We have a distant cousin
named Albert J. Barsa who is an engineer working for one of the large
engineering firms in northeastern Connecticut (I'd like to say Pratt &
Whitney, but I don't remember) and I think he goes by Albert (but again it
has been between 10 and 15 years since we last spoke).  Albert J. is
knowledgeable in computers, but is only vaguely aware of the existence of
the AS/400.  This is completely in line with IBM's goal of keeping the
AS/400 as the stealth computer, God forbid it would crush the remainder of
the computer world, making the AS/400 Division extremely profitable.

With as much humbleness as I can muster, I think that when anyone in the
AS/400 community signs a note with the name Al Barsa, it shouldn't be hard
figure out the reference.  Anyone who would have assumed one of the other
three would have to have an IQ so low that when you square it, you get a
lower number. It's not like Barsa is a common name, like Hoffman, which in
this community could easily refer to either Sharon, Bruce or many other
people.  (Bruce is a friend, and I firmly believe that if you squared his
IQ, you  would get a number that is at least a little bit higher.)

And by the way Bruce, would you really want another Al Barsa?  Tom Jarosh
would have to get a second dart board :-)))  [money that would better be
spend on advertising]

Al - in cold London - for the baptism of a new nephew, whose godfather will
be Albert Barsa, III.

>"R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr." wrote:
>
><Just to play devils advocate here....
>
>How do you know there isn't another Al Barsa?  I know of two...  Al and Al Jr.
>(maybe three... isn't his son Albert, the third?)  They're all on one side
>of the
>country (east).  It isn't from Al Jr. is it?  Then maybe... in this vast
>country
>of ours...
>
>Second, how big of an ego do you need to think that such a review is not
>valid?
>While I have not read the book, the idea that just because you *can* do
>something
>in RPG, does not mean that you *should* do it in RPG.
>
>You just assume that this is a joke, that it is FALSE, and then you want
>someone's *opinion* to be quashed.  Someone, by your own admission, you
>have NOT
>been in contact with.  You called the Al you know... >
>
>I see what you say to an extent Bruce, but let's be fair here. Whoever did
>this
>knew enough about the OBSCURE 400  world (<BG>), the book in question AND Al
>Barsa's name that it is a REAL stretch that it is "another" Al Barsa and
>was done
>legitimately... I think THAT is the real issue...
>
>Amazon.Com has gotten into hot water over stuff like this in the past.
>They allow
>ANYONE to post a review, which is fine, but they do need to provide some
>means of
>validating a person is who they claim to be. They have had rival publishing
>companies posting disparaging reviews of competitors books, etc.
>
>No offense !
>
>JMHO
>
>Chuck

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390