Subject: Re: Interview questions
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com> at INET_WACO
Date:    7/5/00 3:34 PM

On the IBM 400 site there is a location with some practice tests geared
toward certification.&nbsp; You may could go through some of them and
glean some questions and answers for your own test.&nbsp; This way you
could at least see if someone has any experiencs.&nbsp; <br>
l">http://www.ibm.com/education/certify/certs/a4_index.</a><a href="http://www.i
com/education/certify/certs/a4_index.phtml" eudora="autourl">phtml<br>
Mid-Range Systems Engineer<br>
Rock Hill Telephone Company<br>
(803) 324-7270<br>
nt@RHTelCo.</a><a href="mailto:Chris.Whisonant@RHTelCo.com" eudora="autourl">com
r>
mostly got speculation about the <br>
validity of testing as a method of demonstrating knowledge, so let me be
more <br>
specific.<br>
We are getting ready to hire a PC and Network person.&nbsp; We have 35
applicants <br>
and are a busy 3 man shop.&nbsp; We cannot afford to spend a heck of a
lot of time <br>
figuring out which few of the 35 we want to talk to in depth.&nbsp; Most
of the 35 <br>
are clueless hobbyists with no experience who want to learn computers at
our <br>
expense.&nbsp; We have had no trouble at all coming up with written tests
for NT <br>
and Novell 5.0 and we will use the scores as ONE OF SEVERAL criteria for
selecting candidates.&nbsp; As sort of a tiebreaker, some 400 experience
would be <br>
nice.&nbsp; Therefore, we would like to get a short (~25 question) test
that would <br>
show whether the candidate had in fact ever dealt with a /400.&nbsp; We
don't have <br>
time to write the test, we would like to just get it off the 'net the way
we <br>
were able to get the other tests.&nbsp; Any suggestions?&nbsp; TIA,
Lance<br>
+---<br>
MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.<br>
| To subscribe to this list send email to