  • Subject: Re: Programming tools (was DDS Support)
  • From: "Nathan M. Andelin" <nathanma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:31:16 -0600

Donna,

I visited www.peeksoft.com to view pages promoting your PEEKDB product.  I
think you need to find a way better way to distinguish your tool from other
products in your market.

This may be a difficult suggestion to implement - your market is crowded
with other available options, some of which are free, others are ubiquitous.
Your product looks a lot like WRKDBF (free), for example.

Are you targeting programmers, technical support, or non-technical
end-users?

Some companies I've worked for provide an ODBC connection and some training
on MS Access, or MS Excel for non-technical people to view and edit database
records.  This may raise security and data integrity concerns, but
nevertheless appeals to a lot of people.  Others just use DFU.  Others write
green-screen programs.  Where exactly does your product fit in the market?
Your promotional pages should make that more clear.

Just a suggestion,

Nathan M. Andelin

<snip>