  • Subject: Re: Security question
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 14:12:25 -0500

I am at V4R4.  Try GO SECTOOLS.  Option 1 uses the command
'Analyze Default Passwords (ANZDFTPWD)'.

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPC2232       Severity . . . . . . . :   00
Message type . . . . . :   Completion
Date sent  . . . . . . :   05/30/00      Time sent  . . . . . . :   14:07:33

Message . . . . :   201 user profiles have default passwords of which 199 have
  the status of *ENABLED.
Cause . . . . . :   There are 201 user profiles on the system with default
  passwords. Of the profiles with default passwords, 199 currently have the
  status of *ENABLED.
Recovery  . . . :   If there are any user profiles with default passwords,
  enter the Work with Spooled Files (WRKSPLF) command and display the spool
  file QPSECPWD to determine which profiles have a default password.

From the spool file:
User
Profile        STATUS         PWDEXP     Text
QD1SRM4        *DISABLED       *NO       ManageWare/400
QD1SRM4DLO     *DISABLED       *NO       ManageWare/400
QOTHPRDOWN     *ENABLED        *NO       LANSA OWNER - *** DO NOT DELETE ***
QRBC           *ENABLED        *NO       Internal userid for RBC
QTFTP          *ENABLED        *NO       IBM-supplied User Profile

corbett@asresources.com on 05/30/2000 02:05:30 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet