  • Subject: RE: QLZARTV not returning license info as expected
  • From: "Raikov, Lo" <RaikovL@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:51:06 +1000

We developed a similar product a while ago, and if my memory does not trick
me, grace period is always related to the user limit, not to the product as
such. To make your product enter the grace period you have to request the
default number of licences + 1. Needless to say, you have to explicitely
issue licence requests from your application. Only at this point the grace
period starts. In your definition the default number of users is set to 1,
consequently, to enter the grace period you have to concurrently request at
least 2 licences.

There used to be a problem, though, now resolved; alas, I don't remember the
PTF id: if you backup and then restore your system to a differnt CPU, the
default number of users for  user products with key-compliant licence
control is reset to 0.

Lo