  • Subject: RE: Bundling Spool Files
  • From: "Jill Gallagher" <jmg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:02:01 -0400

We had almost this exact problem of needing to bundle month-end rpts
together to make mailings easier.  Unfortunately, there is was no easy
solution (at least at that time that we could find).  We ended up copying
the spool files to database files and then creating an index with the
beginning and ending record number for each customer for each of the rpts.
Then working backwards with the index by customer, we copied the records
from the database files back to a spool file combining each of the customers
rpts into one spool file.  This way you can print out each customers
multiple rpts together.  It was not quick and easy, but it worked.  You just
have to make sure that each of the rpts has something in a specific spot at
the beginning of each customers rpt so it can be recognized as a break when
you're creating the index.
HTH