  • Subject: Re: OBJ Lock
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:47:00 -0500

wrkobjlck should show you.  Sometimes you won't see a
lock until you press the function key to see member locks.

MacWheel99@aol.com on 05/23/2000 01:56:36 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
cc:
Fax to:
Subject:        OBJ Lock

Thanks to help from lots of folks on 7078 RPG problem, I got my program
compiled, so now I am testing it & tinkering a bit.  Its function is to
populate a new file, so on subsequent tests, the first step is to clear the
file of records with

CLRPFM FILE(HCIF) MBR(HCIF)

Basically it would not let me allocate this file until I signed off all other
sessions, none of which were accessing that file, just sharing in the SSA
group that owns it.

HCIF physical file has a bunch of logicals & is owned by SSA group which I am
in
*PUBLIC has *CHANGE authority & there are no authorization lists
access is via unqualified *LIBL

I am accustomed to record locks, so I was surprised that none of the options
on GO CMDLCK said that anything was locking this file, when the program was
hung on LCKW waiting on a lock with CPF 3156 claiming that some other task,
that I could not find, had locked it, so I tried to clear it from command
line & same story that something had locked it.  I was just signed onto a
bunch of menus.

I tried OVRDBF to the CLRPFM with RCDFMTLCK(*EXCL) & same story
I tried ALCOBJ & now it was CPF1002

Consistent story ... OS/400 thinks this file is locked but won't tell me or
the master security officer what it is locked by.

Apparently I only need to lock it to clear it or re-initialize it ... is
there some command that is the opposite of ALCOBJ that I can run from within
the CL?

Is there some command to display what jobs have what objects allocated, like
the stuff on GO CMDLCK does for individual record locks?

Al Macintyre  ? ?
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor