  • Subject: AS/400 Brand & User Groups
  • From: alucas@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:56:59 -0500

As a result of your excellent and very candid suggestions/ comments as to
how the IBM AS/400 Brand can greatly enhance our relationship with the
local user groups, this memo is an attempt to share with you our response
to your requests.  Thank you!  ...  We heard you!

Key suggestions from you via the INTERLUG forum:
   Access to one contact for assistance
   Access subject matter experts for meetings/seminars
   Access to technical material
   Joint mailings using IBM and UG mailing lists
   Hosting a user group web site
   Product/solution announcement material

Building on those recommendations, we have created a AS/400 Local User
Group Program just for you!  Key initiatives we are driving:
   Assigned Anne Lucas as the AS/400 Local User Group Program Manager
   NOTE:  Providing a kickoff teleconference with a key Rochester subject
   matter expert to provide you  provide you an exciting announcement!!

   Scheduled for Monday May 22nd from 6:30PM to 8:30 Central; 7:30 - 9:30
   Eastern.  EXTREMELY  EXCITING "stuff" is going on!    You do NOT won't
   to miss this!  We expect a large number of participants, so register
   early!   Here's what you need to do to participate:
   1.  To register for this exciting conference call, please call
   1-800-289-0579, or 1-719-457-2550  password is:  944091.
   2.  An operator will take your name and provide you with an 800# for the
   teleconference.

   Looking forward to talking with you!

Continuing the review of our key user group initiatives we are:
   Finalizing requirements for the AS/400 Brand to host a User Group web
   site
   Have assigned an IBM AS/400 Customer Advocate to six UGs who will be our
   Advisory Team assisting us as we roll out this program to ensure we are
   meeting the overall needs of the user groups.
   Provide Internet Based Education (IBEs) and Internet Based Presentations
   (IBPs) for the UGs to put on their web sites or for distribution to the
   membership.  These are overview and technical presentations on 'hot'
   AS/400 topics.
   Coordinate access to subject matter experts for monthly meetings and
   special events.

We will continue to add to and refine these initiatives as we go along.

The purpose of this program is to:
   help you, our customers, get the information you need to make good,
   solid business decisions on the AS/400, and to
   ensure you have the technical information you need

I look forward to working with you in the program.    Don't forget the call
Monday evening!

Have a great day!

Anne C. Lucas
AS/400 WW Education/Services Strategy

Peace: not absence of conflict, it's the ability to cope with it

Offc 205/823-4831  Home t/l 537- 9968
Fax 603-687-8053
Pager 800/223-3907
alucas@us.ibm.com