The underlying question is not the one you pose.  Is there room for Ford,
Chevy, and Chrysler or we destined to a one-solution-fits-all?

My bet is that platforms will come and go, but IBM's Mid-Range will be
there well into the future.  I just wish IBM would spend some time
preaching to the choir.  It does get so discouraging some days, doesn't
it?

(btw, you mention Microsoft and "cheap" in the same sentence.   Was that
intentional?)
Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth