  • Subject: Re: system value for PDM compiles
  • From: Mel Rothman <melrothman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:03:53 -0500

According to the PDM manual, it appears the PDM defaults are stored in
the user profile.  Here is the text from the manual (note the reference
to the user profile under item 2):

8.5 Saving Session Defaults

To save the default values from your current session, use the Change
session defaults prompt as follows:

1.  Press F18 (Change defaults), on the AS/400 Programming Development
    Manager (PDM) menu.  The Change Defaults display appears.

2.  Type Y on the Save session defaults prompt to save changes to the
    default values in your user profile, and press Enter.  The AS/400
    Programming Development Manager (PDM) menu reappears.

    If you leave this prompt set at the default N (No), any changes to
the
    default values are effective for your current session only.

Note:  If you want batch jobs to use the same default values as your
       current session, you must type Y in the Save session defaults
       prompt before the job is submitted to batch.  You must run these
       batch jobs with the same user profile you used to submit the job.