Title: Learning about DBCS

Hoping for a heads up on learning how to implement DBCS on the AS400.

I have limited experience in this area. I work for a relatively small software vendor, and up to this point we have successfully implemented our software in several languages in multiple countries. Nothing too fancy. Thus far we have been able to get away with translating message files (to control error messages and screen/report labels) and also translating a couple of master files required to run our software. Simple solution thus far, we simply move the library containing our translations to the top of the library list and our various language offerings are interchangeable.

(Note that we have no requirement to share clients data from one language to another, but we do default the data files to the clients default CCSID)

Enough background information ....

I have just recently been asked to look at the possibility of making our offering available in the DBCS arena. I have picked up several IBM manuals/redbooks:

... National Language Support
... International Application Development
... Character Data Representation Architecture Reference and Registery
... Speak the Right Language With Your AS/400 System
... DBCS Guide
... Designing International Products
... National Language Design Guide (Vol 2 & 3)

Whew ... Quite a bit of reading ahead of me.

I am hopeful that some of you can help point me in the right directions:
... Are there any additional books that I might have missed?
... Which books should I look at first?
... Any training that anyone knows of concerning this subject?
... Any helpful advice or information from those who have done this before?

I would be grateful for any feedback that I could receive on this issue.

Thanks!