Wayne,

For a fairly generic setup try my Q&D command/CL.

Regards,
Jerry Jewel

Better living through fine code and hot coffee!

Command prompt and source follows...

                              Make SNADS (MAKSNADS)

Type choices, press Enter.

To site  . . . . . . . . . . . . SITE                      Name
Remote location name . . . . . . RMTLOCNAM      *SITE      Name, *SITE
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TEXT           *SITE

/********************************************************************/
/* Command: MAKSNADS       Programmer: JEWEL      Written: Jun 1998 */
/*                                                                  */
/*                                                                  */
/* Modifications:                                                   */
/*   When     Who        What                                       */
/*   *NONE                                                          */
/********************************************************************/

             CMD        PROMPT('Make SNADS')

             PARM       KWD(SITE) TYPE(*NAME) LEN(8) MIN(1) +
                          PROMPT('To site')
             PARM       KWD(RMTLOCNAM) TYPE(*NAME) LEN(10) +
                          DFT(*SITE) SPCVAL((*SITE)) PROMPT('Remote +
                          location name')
             PARM       KWD(TEXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50) DFT(*SITE) +
                          SPCVAL((*SITE)) PROMPT('Text')

/********************************************************************/
/* Program: MAKSNADS       Programmer: JEWEL      Written: Jun 1998 */
/*                                                                  */
/*                                                                  */
/* Modifications:                                                   */
/*   When     Who        What                                       */
/*   *NONE                                                          */
/********************************************************************/

/* SETUP SNADS ENTRIES */

             PGM        PARM(&SITE &RLN &TEXT)

             DCL        VAR(&SITE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
             DCL        VAR(&RLN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
             DCL        VAR(&TEXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50)

             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

/* Parm manipulation                                                */
             IF         COND(&RLN *EQ '*SITE') THEN(CHGVAR VAR(&RLN) +
                          VALUE(&SITE))
             IF         COND(&TEXT *EQ '*SITE') THEN(CHGVAR +
                          VAR(&TEXT) VALUE(&SITE))

/* Create new definitions                                           */
             ADDDSTQ    DSTQ(&SITE) RMTLOCNAME(&RLN)

             ADDDSTRTE  SYSNAME(&SITE) FAST(&SITE) STATUS(&SITE) +
                          DATAHIGH(&SITE) DATALOW(&SITE) TEXT(&TEXT)

             ADDDIRE    USRID(*ANY &SITE) USRD(&TEXT) SYSNAME(&SITE)

ENDPGM

        ......  SNADS is not set up on either machine and its been way too
long for me