Tim, thanks for the reply!

>QUOTE RCMD cmd.......<  Yes, I remember that now.

>To have the save file on the remote AS400 created automatically you'll need
to specify the PUT as follows PUT mysavefile
/QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/NEWSAVF.SAVF.<
You don't have to specify NAMEFMT?

>Compression will happen as part of the save<  Actually, I already tested
the save's compression vs. non-compression.  Leaving the default
DTACPR(*DEV) COMPACT(*DEV), the save file topped out at 85mb.  Using
DTACPR(*YES) COMPACT(*DEV), the save file came in at 59mb.  I've yet to find
out how fast our comm line is, so I don't know whether the savings would
matter.  Is compression possibly done at the communications end?

Time for a trial, eh?

- Dan Bale