  • Subject: Re: Executing remote commands in FTP
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 12:29:58 -0500

Call the following CLP for each AS/400.
OVRDBF INPUT TOFILE(myscript)
FTP &REMOTE
DLTOVR INPUT

The contents of myscript should contain:
user myuserid mypassword
quote rcmd CRTSAVF FILE(MYLIB/MYSAVF)
cd mylib
put mysavf
quote rcmd RSTLIB SAVLIB(LIBTORST) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(MYLIB/MYSAVF)
quote rcmd CALL LIBTORST/MYPGM
get mysavf
quit

The only problem is that if the program takes awhile to run then FTP might
drop.  In that case you'll have to break up the script into the following:
OVRDBF INPUT TOFILE(myscript1)
FTP &REMOTE
DLTOVR INPUT
OVRDBF INPUT TOFILE(myscript2)
FTP &REMOTE
DLTOVR INPUT

The contents of myscript1 should contain:
user myuserid mypassword
quote rcmd CRTSAVF FILE(MYLIB/MYSAVF)
cd mylib
put mysavf
quote rcmd RSTLIB SAVLIB(LIBTORST) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(MYLIB/MYSAVF)
quote rcmd SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(LIBTORST/MYPGM))
quit

The contents of myscript2 should contain:
user myuserid mypassword
cd mylib
get mysavf
quit