  • Subject: Re: Long running backups to a 3590-B11
  • From: "Mike Shaw" <mshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:24:56 -0700

Jeff,

I have 2 ea. 3590 B11 tape drives here.  A couple of things you should
check:

1.)  On your SAVLIB *NONSYS:  Check the USEOPTBLK parameter.  For 3590 tape
drives it should be set to *YES.  It made a big difference for us here.
That got overlooked in the CL programs here when we first installed 3590.

2.)  For your CE:  What bus is the 3590 on?  It makes a big difference as to
where the 6501 card is placed in the configuration.  Have him check and
confirm this in the rack config.  It should not be on the same bus as your
disk IOP's.  Make sure the rules of engagement for placement of IOP's within
your AS/400 and model is in fact being done in practice.

HTH,

Mike Shaw
Senior AS/400 Technical Support
North American Mortgage