  • Subject: RE: DR Plan - Got one? Will it work?
  • From: Art Baker <Art_Baker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:25:18 -0400

Sounds good Bruce. I don't know if IBM doesn't want to bother implementing
your suggestion or they have a reason not to. One time, on a late Friday
night I threw in a tape for a SAVCHGOBJ save and ran out the door for
another appointment. Well the system sat there all weekend with a message
that needed replying to. It was not big deal since it was a test machine
that only myself and one another guy was using. But if it is a production
machine, somebody better be in the area in case anything happens. Also, saw
a backup bomb-out once with a damaged tape. The damaged part of the tape
didn't show up until it had been running for three hours. So, if IBM
implemented a feature for scheduling saves days in advance, I'd still want
someone to check on the machine when the save operation is scheduled to kick
off.
Art