  • Subject: RE: Automating SNDNETF and RCVNETF
  • From: "Billy Rowe" <billyrowe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:50:53 -0700

You can use a job stream to do the RCVNETF & RSTOBJ on the remote system.

Right after you do the SNDNETF,  do a SBMNETJOB to send a job stream to the remote system.

A Job Stream is a source member with a type of CL.

Example:

//BCHJOB JOB(RSTOBJ) JOBD(xxx) JOBQ(*LIBL/QPGMR) MSGQ(*USRPRF)
CHGOBJOWN  OBJ(library/PgmName) OBJTYPE(*PGM) NEWOWN(QPGMR)
SNDNETMSG  MSG('Owner Changed!!!!') TOUSRID((Userid SystemName))

You can run any OS/400 command in a job stream, but you cannot use MONMSG, but to get by that you can
just call a CL program to do what you want to do.

And as the last statement you can send a message to yourself or a distribution list, but this is a simple
example.

I use them all the time and find them very useful.

Hope this helps!!

p.s. You can also to a SBMDBJOB on the local system to test your Job Stream CL.