  • Subject: Re: Automating SNDNETF and RCVNETF
  • From: "Lemen, George (Contractor)" <george.lemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:52:13 -0800

For what it is worth:
I have seen the error codes mentioned in the attached note when using
ObjectConnect:
*       When I first set up ObjectConnect between a system at V4R2 and V3R2
(this was a while back as you can imagine). The fix was a PTF on V3R2 (it
was listed in the V4R2 PSP).
*       Between V4R4 and V4R2 (I've just run into this one). I assume I have
another PTF to locate and install (I do have the PTF for ObjectConnect in
the V4R4 PSP installed on the V4R2 box).
In both of the above cases I used SNDNETF/RCVNETF with save files to get the
job done.

I also had a nuisance problem when I set up ObjectConnect on our new V4R4
box and out old V3R2 system during our recently completed side-by-side
migration. I got unexpected messages at the system operators console on the
V3R2 system when whenever SAVRSTOBJ was used to or from the V3R2 system (but
the object was moved successfully). We installed several PTF's on both
systems to no avail.  Rochester support had a list of version to version
specific PTF's that are not on the CUME or HIPER that were installed, but
did not resolve the problem. Despite numerous traces and conversations with
Rochester development we reached the point where we shut down the old system
before a fix was worked out, so as far as I know that problem still exists.