Hi Eric -

>Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:15:59 -0600
>From: eric.delong@pmsi-services.com
>Subject: Re[2]: Hour
>
>   While I've always seen sysval QTIME being adjusted, I've been
>   wondering if the adjustment should actually be made to QUTCOFFSET
>   instead. I've never actually worked at a shop that used the
>   Coordinated universal time offset properly, so I'm unsure of how it
>   is implemented on the AS400. Any comments?

Adjusting QUTCOFFSET does not affect the actual time.  To keep everything
correct, both the time and the UTC offset both needed to be adjusted.

I just put up the CL program that I use at http://www.ke9nr.org/as400/

This program can be submitted with the SCDDATE(040200) SCDTIME(020000) to
run at 2am Sunday morning.  It is hard-coded to change the QUTCOFFSET for
PST/PDT.  This needs to be changed if you want to use the program and are
not in the U.S. Pacific time zone.

It's not the most sophisticated thing in the world, but it does check to
make sure that it does not run in the last 10 minutes of the hour to avoid
having the hour be changed automatically while the program is changing it
manually, and to not run at such a time as to make the date need to be
changed.  That is, if you schedule it to run between 11pm and midnight,
where moving the hour forward would cross midnight, it will wait until after
midnight to actually make the change.

Ken
Southern Wine and Spirits of Nevada, Inc.
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of
my employer or anyone in their right mind.