From: Shaw, David [mailto:dshaw@spartan.com]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 3:35 PM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Hour

Jeff,

Of course, Bill Gates doesn't care if he blows up your third-party job
scheduler
or causes a critical job to run twice one night in the fall and not at all
one
night in the spring.  IBM ought to provide us a proper extendible facility
for
doing this, but we still need to be able to control it completely.  The
Windows
"binary switch" (on or off) approach to doing this just doesn't provide the
support that an enterprise system needs for this.

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC

david@midrange.com