> > 3. FP 2000 can be extended with VBA. Again, pretty slick.
>
>Extend with VBA? Don't you mean shot fulla security holes with VBA :)

VBA is used to extend the editing environment; hardly a security issue. VBA
is currently an under-used but really powerful feature of FrontPage.

> > 4. I have found that I can quickly design a page in FrontPage, then tweak
> > the HTML and/or import it into ColdFusion when it's ready. FP is a
> > phenomenal prototyping tool. As much as Microsoft gets a bad rep, there
> are
> > a few tools the company does VERY well: FrontPage, Visual Basic,
> Word/Excel
> > and Access.
>
>To each his own, I was just offering my experience. But the thing is that
>when you talk to ASP and Frontpage developers you quickly realize that
>they have to tweak the code. So does the trade off of WYSIWYG offer any
>advantage over knowing the language and finding a good editor?
>If you have to tweak the code anyway what good is WYSIWYG?

Unless you are outputting a simple page or query results, you're going to
have to prototype the page. Playing around with font sizes, color schemes,
white space, overall look and appeal, is VERY difficult and time-consuming
using straight html and an ASCII editor. That's why web pages looked so
horrible before FrontPage, HomeSite, etc.

I mean, thank goodness we aren't in the WordStar days where we HAVE to know
where the formatting tags go in a word processing document. In Word, you
type, highlight and bold. Who cares about the underlying codes? In html,
it's still important, but *really* only important to those who are
generating dynamic pages with ASP, ColdFusion, Net.Data or whatever, IMHO.

>If you don't mind, build a table with Frontpage open the code browser cut
>and paste the table in your reply I would like to see if M$ has improved
>its code generation any.

This is a four by four table generated in FP (I hope this comes through):

Looks okay to me! I don't have a problem with having FP insert non-breaking
spaces.

  ... Chuck