  • Subject: RE: v4r4 BookMgr CD
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:41:26 -0500

Laurin/Lance,

Some of the "books" on the second CD have a disclaimer that they are now
readable only through the Information Center thing, and contain no real
information in the BookManager version.  I found that somewhat annoying.
Fortunately, however, my ThinkPad had a few gigabytes free on its hard drive, so
I installed Information Center and the BookManager books to my hard drive.  One
of the really nice advantages of this is that I can copy updated and new books
from the Web site into the directories on my hard drive and have current
versions, rather than having to make do with the out-of-date CD and the
occasionally-iffy Internet.  I still tend to think that the Information Center
is about the only documentation presentation method I've ever seen that makes
BookManager look good, but at least I can get to the stuff quickly.

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC