Many thanks for the reply Mike.

In message <802568A9.005E0A31.00@chopin.ecsoft.co.uk>,
Mike.Barton@ecsoft.co.uk writes
>Now note the Save command used - if it was saved using SAVOBJ then you can only
>use SAVOBJ
>to restore the details,

Yes it was saved using SAVOBJ

Library..........:   SIMON             Release level......:  V2R2M0
ASP  ............:   1                 File sequence......:   1
Volume ID........:   001               Data compressed....:   No
Expiration date..:  *PERM              Data compacted.....:   No
Save command.....:   SAVOBJ            Objects displayed..:   1
Save active......:   *NO               Objects saved......:   1
File label ID....:   QTEMP             Access paths.......:   0
Save date/time...:   11/04/94   10:28:40

Type options, press Enter.
  5=Display saved data base file members

Opt  Object         Type    Attribute    Owner           Size    Data
 _   QINSTAPP       *PGM    CLP          QPGMR           40448   YES

This is what I have on the first file. None of the other files look like
system files ie: not many beginning with Q (mind I may be wrong by
taking this statement as gospel). Anyway, am I right in saying that, I
cannot restore these file to the safe library of TAPEDUMP (created by
myself), but instead must create a Library called SIMON and restore to
that?

Many Thanks

Regards
Mark Davies