  • Subject: Re: Applying Client Access PTF's
  • From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:50:13 +0100

Hello Bruce,

don't do this, even if you remove the read only attribute that
sometimes is introduced to the files copied to QCA400 like this, you
end up in an unusable PTF "history-log".
You are right, these are "only pc files" to be copied to that location,
but "applying" a ptf package does a little more. At least you get a
proper entry in the ptf database to check against with CAWIN.
Better order with SNDPTFORD SFxxxxx the most recent package and if you
are in urgent need at some of your pcs, apply that web-package manually
to your pcs (perhaps through other shared resources on the net).

Good luck, Philipp Rusch

| EDV Beratung Rusch          EDP Consulting Rusch                |
| Philipp Rusch               Mailto: Philipp.Rusch@rusch-edv.de  |
| Am Errlich 9                WWW   : http://www.rusch-edv.de/    |
| D-61191 Rosbach,                                                |
| Germany                                                         |
| Phone: (+49) 6003 3972      Mobile : (+49) 172 89 86 230        |
| Fax  : (+49) 6003 3795                                          |