  • Subject: Re: Tipton's COMMON opening speech
  • From: John P Carr <jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 20:10:45 -0500

Chuck,  Chuck
Calm down.  You'll hurt yourself.

--------------------
>2. Letter writing campaign. <SNIP> . We  brought with us
>HUNDREDS of letters from users of RPG/free, <SNIP>

Gee Chuck, You're still mad/hurt about that huh?
I remember the stack of paper.
Let me see,   It was you and Paul, and Roger, and.......
(and paraphrasing Alice's Restaurant)   "And the
judge wasn't gonna look at the 27   8" by 10" color glossy
photo's with the ................."

<SNIP> Macintosh didn't achieve success BECAUSE
> of positive press, it achieved success DESPITE the negative press
> it has received over the past 16 years  <SNIP>

I say,   B.S.    Apple wouldn't be around today if M$ didn't invest in
them a few years ago.  They would've been gone,  toast.
And M$ only invested in them
just so they could say they had competition.
And BTW,    a REALLY REALLY BIGGGGGGGG
By The Way   Chuck is that  the MAC was
Apple's  ONNNNNNNNNNNNNLYYYYYY Source of revenue.
A little bit different than IBM's position don't ya think ?

I personally don't think comparisons between IBM and
Apple, Sun and MS  are valid for the most part.

----------------
> Bob Tipton must prove himself  <SNIP>

No that's not the point I was making.    It's an easy point for
you to jump to,  but it wasn't my point.      My point was that
It's been a while since    "It's the Marketing"   COMMON,
 and the "Where's the TV commercials IBM ?"  speech is
getting a little old.   I had the same complaint  about
IBM's marketing.   However I put my money where my mouth
is and have populated every news forum I could find in the last two
years.   I have written to every editor I could find in the last two years.
I have affected every person I could on the subject.

Every person on this list knows I'm sincere and ain't lying about that.

I don't know what Bob has done to help the AS/400,   I would
just like to see some signs of effort on that front.    I noticed you
didn't give any references to articles or anything in your post though.

All I'm saying is that ,  Talk's cheap.