Title: REXX

Any of you folks that have worked with VM/CMS(Xedit) will understand exactly what I want to do here but for those that have not I will just give a one liner: Rexx and Xedit share a symbiotic relationship in that it is very easy to switch environments and enter commands that each understand, Rexx is a high level command interpreter that makes string manipulation a breeze and Xedit is a powerful editor.

With this affinity for each other it is quit simple and commonplace to perform operations on source code, which gets me to my question:

Does anyone have any CL code that calls QREXX/QSYS invoking a Rexx program?

-- or --

What I really need/want to do is have the ability to sort lines that may exist in a source member be it CL or DATA, I want to choose the fields e.g.... startpos,len or some such! for this I was going to use Rexx to manipulate the strings and need a way to hook things together.

I am looking at Rexx because from time to time I find myself missing the ability to do things to source members but if there is another way to accomplish this I am open to that also.

Tia, Howard