  • Subject: RE: Generic deletion of an object
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:30:01 -0500

Rob, for those of us only vaguely familiar with IFS and remember all to well
the PC-DOS era, the command

     del '/qsys.lib/rob.lib/mydtaara.dtaara'

looks like a real, live, DOS command line command.  I thought the same thing
as Don did.  It didn't click that this could be run from an AS/400 command
line.

It was a legit question.

Saving bandwidth is a great idea.  Let's stop the spam threads, PLEASE.
Send emails using only TEXT, not MIME, not HTML, only TEXT.  When you reply,
erase the seven line "This is the Midrange System Mailing List!" trailer
that gets tacked on to every message; I love the multi-layered responses,
but I hate seeing & having to wade through 20 of those 7-line trailers.
Saving bandwidth means that you will NOT reply to this paragraph saying
"Right on, Dan!" ;-) , but only if you have something to add or modify to
the paragraph.  I would also suggest that emails that express only "Thanks
for that great solution, Tom!" (or somesuch) be done privately.

- Dan Bale