  • Subject: RE: Join Logical like WRKQRY's join type '3'
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:30:39 -0500

Good question.  I think I have a good answer.

The database in question is a "new business" database, keyed by customer ID
and Item Number.  A customer will inform us that they have a requirement for
a new item.  We need to enter this new item into the "new business" database
so that we can do other things with it, but at that point, no record exists
yet on the Item Master for this item.  Eventually, an Item Master record is
created, and the users want to be able to distinguish the "new business"
items that are not yet represented on the Item Master from those that are.

- Dan Bale