  • Subject: RE: sending e-mail to local recipients
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 10:58:20 -0500

Joel:
What are you running, Exchange?  Could be that the SMTP server in Exchange
is rejecting the traffic.  The best way is to turn on the SMTP trace and see
what is in there.  Also you can TELNET to the NT server on port 25 and
simulate the SMTP conversation.
HELO domain-name
MAIL FROM:sender name
RCTP TO:receiptiant-name
DATA
type some data
.
QUIT

From the above you should see the responses from the SMTP server and
hopefully determine your problem.
Good luck.
CJG

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
540 Powder Springs Street, Suite C19
Marietta, GA  30064
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation