  • Subject: Re: 3590 Tape Library
  • From: "Chris Beck" <CBeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:02:03 -0600

We have found two other people that have used adsm on a rs/6000 and NT, with
just BRMS on the 400.  so i believe that is the way we are going.

I don't think the tie to tivoli is important.

good luck.

>>> joberhol@compures.com 02/24/00 07:39AM >>>
*SNIP

There are two options for us run over ethernet at a slow 10G per hour with
adsm.  or just skip ADSM on the 400 and let BRMS control the library at 40
to 60 G per hour over SCSI.
there are advantages to both, but our main problem is every thing else is
on adsm and we would like to stay the same over all platforms, but the
speed sucks with adsm.  and if we go with brms we must get around conflicts
of sharing the lib with adsm.
If you are just going to be backing up the as/400's Why use ADSM? just go
straight BRMS.
*ENDSNIP

Good thoughts.  There will be an RPQ on all the boxes (except the HA box)
for the 2688 optical link processors so speed between the boxes is not
going to be an issue.  The bigger reason for ADSM vs BRMS would be the
ability to back up several NT boxes and a couple of engineering RS/6000s.
If the solution is not optimal for the AS/400s though, I would think they
will opt for BRMS and do something different for the RS/6000s and NT boxes.

Is ADSMs tie to Tivoli important?

TIA

Jim