  • Subject: RE: Firewall/400 problems, not starting properly and can't view web interface
  • From: "Bruce Collins" <bacollins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:05:21 -0600

Nathan,

We are running IBM Firewall from the AS/400 and we are dumping it. Check out
the announcment today:

On February 15, 2000, IBM announced that the IBM Firewall for OS/400 product
(5769-FW1) and Integration Services for (FSIOP 5769-SA2) will be withdrawn
from marketing effective December 29, 2000. The Q & A fact sheet will help
address the typical questions and answers related to these product
withdrawals. It also references 3rd party alternative solutions that
customers can use to replace the function of the IBM Firewall for OS/400
product.
Customers running IBM Firewall for OS/400 (5769-FW1) and/or Integration
Services for FSIOP (5769-SA2) on the Integrated Netfinity Server will be
supported with their current capabilities until May 31, 2001. However, these
products will not be enhanced. It is recommended that customers running
Integration Services for FSIOP and/or IBM Firewall for OS/400 should plan to
implement an alternative solution. The next release of OS/400 will be the
final release of OS/400 that will support Integration Services for FSIOP and
IBM Firewall for OS/400 running on the Integrated Netfinity Server for
AS/400, the AS/400 Integrated PC Server, or FSIOP.

Bruce Collins
MIS Manager
Twitchell Corporation
4031 Ross Clark Circle NW
Dothan, AL 36303
bacollins@twitchellcorp.com
(334) 792-0002 x 1266
(334) 673-4121 Fax

Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer or
anyone else.

**** NOTE TO RECRUITERS ****
I nor anyone that I know of is interested in any new and/or exciting
positions. Please do not contact me.