  • Subject: RE: Migration
  • From: "Karen Summers" <ksummers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:56:59 -0800

$1500+/hour?!?!?!?  I think even I would "allow" my client to get an NT
system for that rate.

But seriously, there actually are applications that run better on NT.  SMTP
brings my 170 to it's knees.  Exhange runs flawlessly on my NT server (okay,
when it's up).  I am not suggesting that traditional applications like
manufacturing or accounting are best "served" (pun intended) on an NT
system, but there are exceptions.

I find the previous responses humorous, but it's true that there really
aren't very many 400 people who will actively assist a client in moving from
a stable platform to an unstable or outdated one.  I have "fired" clients
that required activities that I knew would damage the business.  This might
be one of those.  Maybe instead of assisting your client in the move, you
could assist them in changing their mind.  I bet we would all help <grin>.

ks