  • Subject: Re: Migration
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:59:17 -0600

Oludare,
This is not name calling, it is a diagnosis. IMHO, the perosn who started this
is
doing a great disservice to allow his client to pursue such a path. Or is it
possible they are simply trying to generate work? Why let a system continue with
a small need for upgrades, enhancmements, and maintenance. It might be good for
the client. But if the vendor could replace the system with an NT system, they
could generate all of that revenue! Rewrite costs, much larger maintennace,
maybe
a help desk. Gee, if the vendor could sell the hardware also, it would add up to
a really juicy contract.

And then the person has the nerve, or lack of intelligence, to come to
midrange-l
to try and further their efforts.

If such a plan made sense, there would be plenty of tools to accomplish the
task.
The lack of such tools should tell you something.

Bob