  • Subject: Re: Denial of Service, Good for AS/400?
  • From: "Paolo" <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:04:12 -0500

If that is the case then an ISP must have noticed a certain time of that day
when the traffic
started getting heavy(which they did)......the ISP should know where its
coming from and which accounts as you say fired up their e-mail and sent
that extra message to the server....but think about it....do you really
think people would actually simultaneously fire up their e-mail at the same
exact time ? and if that jewel (right now its known to be the ghost agent)
is automated and if thousands of  folks picked it up , somebody or  an ISP
or whoever should still know who or which accounts it came from........but
right now nobody knows....the FBI still does not have any lead or they are
just trying to keep it under wraps..............the only thing they know is
that it came from more than 1000+ pc's at the same time and they did not
sent e-mails they sent packets of messages and another speculation is that
this ghost agents were used to jump from 1 computer network to
another.....sorry if you did not like zdnet as my source.........i wonder
where you get your sources.......

why cant we all just get along anyway ?