Isn't the idea that an AS/400 is somehow superior in a denial of service
attack just  wishful thinking? A denial of service attack is about the
pipes usually, not the server.  In either event though, if the doorway is
blocked, the doorway is blocked.  This is not a question of robustness or
stability but rather of pipe size.
Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth