  • Subject: CA Sessions Ending
  • From: Eric Sundell PMI <ESundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:38:00 -0800

Hi all,
I sure we have discussed this before but, something started yesterday that
maybe
some one can shed some light on. In the after noon all of a sudden CA400
sessions just started ending, the users are limited to one device so when
they
try to sign on again it tells them that that they can't sign on to more than
one
device. We end it and they can get back on. First thing I thought of was
QAUTOVRT, it was set at 200, and we have way over that so we raised it to
250 as
a test, something happened this morning so I got rid of some of the ones
that
were not being used. Now my questions:
1. What happens when this limit is reached, it seems to me that they just
wouldn't get a signon.
2. Do QPDEV* just get created each time, I think they just get reused.
Could it be something else? Subsystem QIWS is set for *NOMAX, maybe a limit
for
the controller?
Thanx-Eric

"Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living
by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs,
cold drinks, and electric fans."