  • Subject: RE: changing field descriptions
  • From: Scott Mildenberger <Smildenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:07:23 -0700

Jo Ann,
        It is very likely that EZVIEW saves it's values and doesn't re-read
them from the file description if you are accessing the same file that you
previously were using.  We use Questview and it acts this same way.  If you
switch to a different file and then come back you may see the new
descriptions.  Or the next day, you will see the new ones.  I know in
Questview I can force it by having it look for a file that doesn't exist and
then go back to the one I'm interested in.  By the way, this also happens
when changing field sizes/definitions or adding new fields which can result
in some funny looking data that doesn't actually reflect what is in your
file.

Scott Mildenberger