  • Subject: Re:CPU at 100%
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:49:36 -0500

It is amazing how many people have their printer files changed
to *nomax on the number of output records.  I know of a local
company that had a large AS/400 die of the same death.

Also, all of the people who change their joblogs to *wrap instead
of finding out why they have an infinite loop in the first place.

We changed all of our group profiles to have a maximum dasd instead
of *nomax.  Wrote a program that sends an email every morning with
their percent full.  We did this to stop the runaway query.  Which
killed our largest 400, outside of development ;-)

ESundell@pmi.delta.org on 01/25/2000 03:26:28 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet