  • Subject: Re: Screen Refresh
  • From: Patrick Townsend <townsend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:10:20 -0800

Shishir,

Here is a snippet of RPG code that might be helpful. Sorry that it is in
the older RPG format. Note that PUTOVR and INVITE are important on the
display file:

 C           DSPLY     BEGSR
 C*
 C* Turn on PUTOVR if needed
 C*
 C           LASTSC    IFEQ PUT
 C                     MOVE '1'       *IN89            PUTOVR
 C                     ELSE
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN89
 C                     END
 C*
 C* WRITE THE MESSAGE SUBFILE
 C*
 C                     WRITE@MSGSFLC
 C*
 C* WRITE TEMPLATE FORMAT
 C*
 C                     WRITERL8030AT
 C*
 C* READ/WRITE SUBFILE SCREEN
 C*
 C                     MOVE '1'       *IN80            DISPLAY
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN81            INIT
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN83            CLEAR
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN84            DELETE
 C*
 C           BOTYES    IFEQ 'Y'
 C                     MOVE '1'       *IN82            CROSS
 C                     ELSE
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN82            CROSS
 C                     END
 C*
 C* Write the subfile control record
 C*
 C                     MOVE '1'       *IN65            INVITE
 C                     WRITERL8030AC               90
 C                     MOVE '0'       *IN65            INVITE
 C*
 C* RECEIVE THE DATA QUEUE
 C*
 C                     Z-ADD10        DTAQWT
 C*
 C                     CALL 'QRCVDTAQ'
 C                     PARM           DTAQNM 10
 C                     PARM           DTAQLB 10
 C                     PARM           DTAQLN  50
 C                     PARM           DTAQFL 80
 C                     PARM           DTAQWT  50
 C*
 C* IF THE LENGTH IS 0, TREAT AS REQUEST FOR REFRESH AND UPDATE DISPLAY
 C*
 C           DTAQLN    IFEQ 0
 C                     MOVE '1'       *IN05
 C                     ELSE
 C*
 C* There is input, read it now
 C*
 C                     READ RL8030AC                 90
 C                     END
 C*
 C* CLEAR MESSAGE SUBFILE
 C*
 C           MSGYES    IFEQ 'Y'
 C                     MOVE 'YES'     CLEAR
 C                     EXSR $MSG
 C                     END
 C*
 C* UPDATE CONTROL FIELDS
 C*
 C                     MOVE PUT       SCREEN
 C                     MOVE PUT       LASTSC
 C*
 C                     ENDSR

Patrick