Larry,

What I understood was that Rochester was well prepared for the slow down in
orders and had very little excess sitting around.  I had been told that they
essentially sold out at the end of the year....seems that the 4Q was not quite
as bad as they had previously thought.  And I believe they are also thinking
that 1Q won't be that stellar either.  You may be dealing with a miscue between
planning and the current demand....

Mike

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Larry Bolhuis|
|        |          <lbolhui@ibm.|
|        |          net>         |
|        |                       |
|        |          01/20/00     |
|        |          10:23 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          MIDRANGE-L   |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                    |
  |       To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com              |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mike Crump/IS/Ball-Foster)     |
  |       Subject:     Re: AS/6000                     |
  >----------------------------------------------------|

Roger,

> PS: By way of backing up the doom and gloom of that article, have you guys
> checked the dismal AS/400 4th quarter results. 1999 was a grim year for the
> AS/400.

  So if 4Q99 stunk so bad, why are simple DASD and memory upgrades for 720's
ordered in the first week of Jan not shipping till near the end of Feb?
Shouldn't they have this stuff piled up to the rafters?  Did they lay off sooo
many people up there that they can't even ship upgrades??

  - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         |         What if it's True?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |