  • Subject: Re: RTFM (was: CPYF behavior)
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 18:48:35 -0800

Lou,

Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find an ability to open the three
manuals needed to read up on a subject and scale them in separate
windows that are readable like I could just spreading the books on the
work table and flipping open the hard copy.

I know that HTML/PDF delivery of manuals does reduce the publication
costs, but HEY, I'm willing to shell out the hard earned bucks for some
hardcopy. My printer just doesn't like being the producer of 60+, one
sided, 200+ page manuals.  And I've got a kick bu** desk top to take
delivery, but I really don't want to establish my own personal printing
company. That's what publishers are for! (The right tool for the right
job, and all that)

My last, end to end, 15 feet of shelf space, order cost of hard copy
manuals was cheaper than the download and print time/cost of the
"eDelivery" that's so popular today.

The consumer has spoken, will the producer listen?

<<snip>>