  • Subject: Re: IBM Network station
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 9:21:40 -0500

1)  Make sure that you have the following loaded on
your system:
5648C05-IBM Network Station Manager for AS/400
5648C20-NetworkStation Navio 128-bit Browser
5769TC1-AS/400 TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities/400

2)  Configure TCP

3)  It's been awhile, and I heard that the next step
may not be on the latest release, but try
STRNSSA

4)  There is some configuration that you'll have to
do on the Netstation.

5)  There is some additional optional configuration
that you can do on the 400.  Requires a browser to
configure - no green screen.  But with it you can do
things like have named sessions.

Netstations take awhile to boot from a remote server.
The card may have the boot stuff burned in.  It is not
required.  Hey, at least you didn't think it was a
diskette drive!

http://www.as400.ibm.com/periph/network.htm
I looked for an online configuration manual, but I am
not having luck.

carleyn1@Midas-Kapiti.com on 01/14/2000 07:51:38 AM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet