  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: Sys/36 virtual machine, or OS/400?
  • From: "Emilio Padilla Taylor" <epadilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:56:37 -0600

Hi, I can't think any reason to go to s36E.  If you want to migrate, do it
directly to native.  If you need data from/to the M36, you can use DDM
through the ilan.

Emilio Padilla

_________________________________
Subject: Re: Sys/36 virtual machine, or OS/400?
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com> at INET_WACO
Date:    1/6/00 11:57 AM

I have a real sinking feeling about this.  A business partner sold them
this setup and is installing the M36, but the client is looking forward to
gradually installing new OS/400 applications and features.  From what you
are saying Eric, it sounds like that isn't going to happen?

How tough is it to migrate from the M36 to S36E?  Is it a data save and
restore some day in the future?
Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth