  • Subject: Re: confirmation
  • From: "Al Barsa, Jr." <barsa2@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 09:41:50 -0800

At 12:01 PM 01/03/2000 +0530, you wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>My system V4R4 had taken the IPL with out any problem. And when I displayed
>the DATE system value it displayed '01/03/00' and I even checked the system
>value QCENTURY which got  changed to value '1' automatically, are  these
>results R OK and expected results for this year .? (please say YES or NO )
>if YES....

This is as expected.

>But I had a 2nd AS/400 which is running on V3R1/CISC machine and this system
>too had done the IPL with out any problem. And I don't find any difference
>in the Qdate system value of both systems, except the QCENTURY sysval( not
>present in V3R1).

I thought that there was a PTF that provided QCENTURY for V3R1, but I could
be wrong.  V3R1 is generally Y2K ready, but not warranted by IBM as being such.

>  My worry is I dint find any problem with my CISC machine during IPL or
>after IPL, how do I confirm that this V3R1/CISC machine has no problem or
>has a problem. As of now there's no active application running on this, the
>MODEL of this system is E50.

My suggestion on the V3R1 system is to go to V3R2.  Neither size nor
performance are an extreme determent on 3.1 vs. 3.2.

Al

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390