  • Subject: Re: Mapping problem in V4R4 Express CA
  • From: Evan Harris <spanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:32:19 +1300

At 14:43 18/12/99 +0530, you wrote:

Hi Ravi, excuse me for jumping in

>Hello pete,
>
>Yes, its accepting the Windows logon  password.
>But, its accepting only my User ID and Password and not the Users's
>individual ID ,what they had in the Network.

Is their network ID/Windows log on the same as their AS/400 profile ? (Or
any As/400 profile for that matter) If it is then it will attempt to log
them on as that user and if the Windows password is not correct it will
prompt. However the behaviour for the log on is different for NT and Win
95, and is also somewhat dependent on whether you have enabled the Guest
user profile. You might want to advise which of these OS's you are using

Also, if they enter the wrong password their profile is eventually disabled
for NetServer support. Try issuing a CHGUSRPRF on their profile and
attempting to log on again. CHGUSRPRF re-sets their netserver access.

>I tried with their  personal logon ID of the user on their respec.. PC's and
>it gives "Password Incorrect. Try again" so, I tried logon with my user ID
>and password and tried accessing the Netserver and it went through with out
>any problem and it has not even asked for the password.

I guess your windows log on password and your AS/400 password are the same.

>I don't understand why its' allowing only my user ID for Accessing this
>Netserver. My user on As/400 is having *SECADM user class and rest all
>users's is having *PGMR class. Does they require any special authorities?

What folders are you attempting to provide them with ? I found that for
some reason (possibly historical - and somethings thats always irked me)
that for QDLS files I seemed to need an entry in the Directory - i.e.
registered for distributions etc. Use WRKDIRE and see if your users are
included in the directory. Maybe you are and they aren't and therefore they
can't use QDLS stuff - but you can. Try with some of the other default
share directories (like RDARS) and see if the result is the same. Also
check the authorities on the folder you are attempting to access
(QDLS/QBKBOOKS/BOOKS ?)

>I can not ask others to use my ID and Password to logon into the network
>from their PC's every time when they want to access the Netserver folder,
>could you please tell me where am doing the mistake.

>And the Second issue is after mapping to the corresponding folder, and
>giving this in the Startup Defaults of the IBM Reader, out of some 100
>shelves available in that folder I can only see 20 shelves from the IBM Book
>Reader. Why is it so? What should I do for listing/viewing all the shelves .

There's a PTF for this problem. It's to do with passing directories to DOS
based programs. Unfortunately I'm at home and don't have the PTF number to
hand. If you search the IBM tech Support database for Netserver PTF's you
ought to be able to find reference to an APAR specific to NetServer that
has PTF's and symptoms listed. This is definitely one of them.

>Can U please help me in solving these two issues.

There's also a pretty good RedBook (RedPiece ?) that someone else from here
pointed me at, which has just been updated. It's been pretty helpful to me,
except for resolving NetServer printer issues. I don't believe that the
guest profile will ever be able to be use to print on my system at least !

Cheers & HTH
Evan Harris