  • Subject: Re: Help text in OV/400: where to go next?
  • From: mcrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:38:46 -0500

We are thinking of transitioning from OV/400 help docs to UIM using a third
party product.  Unfortunately it has no conversion function.  We will probably
move forward with two forms of help documentation: 0ld - OV/400, new - UIM.  We
are going to look at two products.  One is Oak Help Manager
(http://home.netcom.com/~sspi/oakhelp.html).  We probably won't review until
after the new millenium - 1.

Overall, I'd agree with Al.  It is going to take years to remove green screens
and I'd imagine some people have a small fortune of time invested in OV/400 help
documents.  Domino is not an option....

"Al Barsa, Jr." <barsa2@ibm.net> on 12/17/99 02:30:54 PM

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com