  • Subject: RE: Two outs on ONE printer...
  • From: Chris Bipes <rpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:24:02 -0800

I would change the application to send all the pick tickets to one out queue
and have two printers printing out of the same outq.  That is if there is no
difference in where the picks print.  If you have a difference and need to
differentiate between the two sets of picks, try using a different form
type.  Each writer will be printing one of the sets.  This way the users do
not have to move/change the picks but change the form type on the writer.  A
quick and dirty way for now would be a cl pgm that changes the writer from
one out queue to the other then sleeps for a period of time.  You can use a
wrkwtr output(*print) to see the current out queue the writer is on and
issue the appropriate chgwtr command.

Have Fun,

Christopher K. Bipes     mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst   mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.         http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive    Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884

*Note to Recruiters
Neither I, nor anyone that I know of, is interested in any new and/or
exciting positions. Please do not contact me.