  • Subject: RE: PPP dialup and IP numbers
  • From: Tim McCarthy <TimM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:33:00 -0500

When you dial in and fail you'll have a job log under the name of the
profile. Examine it and see where the failure is occurring. It's
probably on adding a route. What sort of routing parms have you set
anyway? If the connection appears to go active but you can't "see" the
other end, check NETSTAT and see what routes and masks have been added
that relate to this link - there should be just one with the IP address
for the remote and a mask of *HOST (255.255.255.255). The IP address for
the PC that you enter under DUN and what you enter for the remote IP
address on the OPs Nav don't have to be the same. If you see the
connection in the 400 netstat try ping the PC. This should tell us if
the routing problem is from the 400 or the PC end.

TrailBlazer Systems, Inc.
http://www.as400ftp.com
AS/400 Communications & E-Commerce Solutions

Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.