  • Subject: Re: How do I "reload the licensed code?" The old 23 option
  • From: Roland Harris <Roland.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 10 Dec 1999 15:11:41 +0100
  • Alternate-Recipient: Allowed
  • Conversion: Allowed
  • Disclose-Recipients: Prohibited
  • X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
  • X400-MTS-Identifier: [/c=NL/admd=400net/prmd=ABNAMRO/; 06FDC38510A1D1B0-abnamronlp01]
  • X400-Originator: Roland.Harris@nl.abnamro.com
  • X400-Received: by mta aabMTA-nlp01 in /c=NL/admd=400net/prmd=ABNAMRO/; Relayed; 10 Dec 1999 15:11:41 +0100
  • X400-Received: by /c=NL/admd=400net/prmd=ABNAMRO/; Relayed; 10 Dec 1999 15:11:41 +0100
  • X400-Recipients: non-disclosure;

From: William A.(Tony) Corbett <corbett@asresources.com>
>>I was doing a V3R1 to V3R2 upgrade (my 6th), and I screwed up the
>>licensed code.  Trust me, that's a fact.  If you want to know how, I'll
>>tell...but I don't want to "air my ignorance" unless I have to.  I have
>>to do a reload of the licensed internal code, the "23" option, and I
>>can't remember how to get this option on the panel.
>>I've got a few days to figure this out (or remember, or help an IBM tech
>>figure it out) while I wait on new tapes from IBM.  These were sitting
>>in a corner for 3-4 years.

>Well, a very curious question indeed. If you do not know how to put 23 on
>the panel, then how could you do an upgrade? How could you mess up the
LIC?
>To truely do this, you would need to do a 23 or 24 and have the tape
fail.
>So....
>Put the key in manual, rock the select until 23 appears, press white
>button...

Could have been using the 'automatic upgrade' process to upgrade V3R1 to
V3R2 without having to
use 23 from the panel.....
Anyway,
You actually first need to do a  (02  D) on the panel with it in manual
mode (M on panel) or key to Manual on
old white box and hit Power On...
then after 10 mins or so you get SRC code A600 6001 I think, then select
function 23
and press enter buton (white on white boxes, blue on black boxes)

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com